I need a pick me up, so I’ve been trying to think of good things that have happened lately. I’m trying not to focus on the pain I’m experiencing all over, or my financial worries, or the not so great things that happened this week.
The good things…
1. I had to get 2 prescriptions filled, and I was expecting to have to pay a total of $70 for them. Instead I only had to pay $10 for one of the scrips and that was it. The other one didn’t cost me anything. Amazing.
2. I’m thankful my A/C is working and I don’t have to spend a lot of time running around outside with heat indexes up near 105-110.
3. I’m thankful I have a pleasant home so that I can stay inside all the time.
4. I’m thankful that my 5 year old daughter has plenty of toys and electronics to keep her occupied, so that I don’t have to entertain her all day.
5. I’m thankful I have a nice, comfortable bed to sleep in tonight.
6. I’m thankful I have a vehicle that is not falling apart on me.
7. I’m thankful I have a steady paycheck and I can pay my mortgage.
8. I’m thankful I have a working washer and dryer so that I don’t have to sit in a hot laundrymat to wash clothes.
9. I’m thankful that summer break is almost half over.
10. I’m thankful for my friends and family who encourage me and support me.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)