While I was browsing through the Blog it Forward Tuesday Blog Hop & Giveaway Linky hosted by Sweep Tight and Just Married with Coupons, I came across a blog called Rowell Reviews. She was doing a series of posts on 30 Days of Truth. I tracked it through where she picked it up from, to where I thought it originates from…. a freelance copyrighter at Suess’s Pieces blog. I browsed through the list of truths, and I gotta tell you, it makes you put it all out there. I think I am going to join in. Everybody else started on January 1st, so I’m way behind, and I’m going to try to catch up, so there may be multiple postings every day until I get caught up.
The first truth is “Something You Hate About Yourself”.
The thing I hate about myself the most is that I start projects and don’t follow through with them. It really annoys me that I tell someone I’m going to do something, and I don’t do it. I make up all kinds of excuses why I didn’t get it done. For example, I tell my daughter I am going to do something that day, and I forget. Ooops. Like finding the 100 watt bulb for her Easy Bake Oven that she got for Christmas. We just used it for the first time yesterday and only because a friend found the exact bulb required after going to about 3 different places. This booger was hard to find.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not this way about all things, just some things. I would say about 99% of what I say I’m going to, I do, well, maybe 90%, lol. If I say I’m going to do laundry tomorrow, I may keep saying it every day until a week goes by. Then I wonder why I don’t have clean jeans to wear. Uh, hello? You didn’t do the laundry 5 days ago when you said you were going to do it. Yeah, yeah.
Another thing I hate about myself is that I don’t play well with others. I’m such a loner, a hermit, that I just don’t get along in social situations very well. I’m temperamental, privately opinionated, and if you want to step in my space… I get stubborn, real stubborn. This has caused 2 divorces from very stable husbands, and I’m pretty certain a lot of it was my fault. Since my last divorce, there have been several relationships that just end abruptly because I just plain don’t play well.
Here is a list of other things…
- I hate that I’m addicted to Dr. Peppers. Any therapy available out there, maybe Dr Pepperaholics Anonymous?
- I hate that my eyebrows aren’t even. They aren’t level across, and their lengths are different. Don’t know how I managed that one. Makes my glasses look crooked on my nose.
- I hate that my hair is almost gray and I have to pay gobs of money to keep it colored for my youthful looks.
- I hate that sometimes I have no emotion at all and never get overly excited about anything. But I can lose my temper in a heartbeat. What’s up with that?
- I hate that I am not an early morning riser. I really hate cheerful people before 10 am in the morning.
- I hate that I’m freezing if the temperature dips below 70 degrees.
- I hate that I’m turning into my mother. I roll my eyes at some of the things that she does, then I find myself doing the exact same thing days later.
- I hate that I now take 5 prescriptions for various health issues. When did that happen?
- I hate that I don’t take time out to read a good book. I so miss reading just for the fun of reading.
Well, I think I have purged enough about the things I hate about myself. Tomorrow, it’s all about something I love about myself. Stay tuned. That could get interesting.
Thanks for stopping by!
Linky List of participants that I have found.