Posts Tagged ‘dailypost’
I’m not sure why I started blogging, but I first started my blog in May 2007. I had written a few poems and I guess I was looking for a place to share them, and that’s how my blog was formed. My first poems I posted are Welcome and Walk on the Beach. The beach poem is one of my favorites. My first real post that I wrote was Why Am I a Mom? After I wrote it and read through it a few times, I realized that I enjoyed writing and I thought I was pretty good at it, even if I do say so myself. I am notorious for never being satisfied with something I create, or I just don’t plain like it. This I liked and my intention was to record the days of my life. Unfortunately, life interferes and then I kept taking on other projects, such as My Leah Rose ~Princess in Training. Since then I’ve tried a variety of blogs, some I just didn’t keep up with. Some I did just for the fun of planning the layout, creating the graphics, and then moving on.
But I have been the most faithful to this blog, Georgia Angel. The design and layout stayed the same for a very long time. Last year, I finally tried the Artisteer program and created a blogger template with my “ivy” design. I doubt I will ever change the look of it. But who knows, one day I might decide I want one of those shabby, chic sprappin’ lookin’ blog templates. I always think they are so cool when I’m visiting other blogs, but so far, I haven’t run across one that just screams “that’s me”. So, ivy it is.
I chose the ivy design, because my maiden name is “Ivey”. My mother incorporates ivy leaves in everything in her house. We do carry our name proudly, because our ancestors were fine people, especially my Daddy. It’s funny that I would choose ivy leaves as part of my design now, I always hated being called “poison ivy” when I was in elementary school. I could be stirred up like a hornet’s nest faster than you could shake a stick at it, and my head would be buzzin’ because I was ready to pummel somebody around the ears. More than once, I was chastised for my extreme temper. But not once, was the “bully” ever chastised for calling me names. It was frustrating.
So, now here I am 3-1/2 years later… I haven’t blogged consistently, but I do keep coming back. The inspiration isn’t always there and I fall back on blog hops and memes to coast by, but every now and then, I come up with some articles that I think are worthy of my time. I hope you enjoy them too.
I hope to continue blogging for a very long time. Here are some of my other projects, if you would like to check them out.
And, my latest and greatest that I am working on… Linky List Library. This one is still in the construction phase. But I love collecting linky lists of all kinds, and memes, and challenges. When I get done with it, it should be a HUGE resource list for those new bloggers looking for more traffic to their blogs. Personally, I don’t have a lot of followers, but that’s no biggie. I’m just thankful to have an outlet to write and keep myself occupied.
Hope you have a great weekend! See you around!
All day yesterday, I had the best of intentions to sit down and prepare my first 2011 post for the Bloggy Moms Blog Dare and Daily Post Challenges. Sadly to say, there was never a chance to really sit down at my computer and put my swirling thoughts into a cohesive sentence, much less a post. It is now just after midnight, my neighbors as usual, are firing up the bottle rockets, and I’m sitting in my bed, cozy, toasty, and…. alone. I’ve been abandoned, the dog and the daughter are out in la-la land and not even twitchin’ over the noise.
I do know one thing, I was resisting even mentioning one new year resolution. I was bound and determined I was not going to put down anything in words that even resembled a goal for the new year. Of course, if you read my post yesterday on A Mission A Day, you are probably scratching your head going, wha? Yes, I did mention that I wanted to record something at the end of each day that refreshed my strength and faith to keep going, to willingly put my next foot forward.
So, with that being said, yeah, I do have a few things I would like to try to accomplish…. in no particular order.
- Read the entire Bible from cover to cover before the end of the year.
- Read at least 10 books during 2011, any book, probably science fiction, with maybe a few devotional books in between.
- Be a better parent and role model during 2011.
- Be diligent in prayer and praise and thanksgiving each day.
- Be smarter about saving money and train myself to be more frugal.
- Blog every day and Take a Photo every day.
- Be a part of my online friends lives and make new friends, and to be more aware of and a part of my Real World Friends
- Comment daily on at least 1 blog, preferably 5, but 1 will do.
- See the humor, experience the joy, and live each day to the fullest.
- Try to prepare more nutritional meals and stay healthy.
- Faithfully believe that God provides, he heals, and he protects.
- Be prepared to say in December 2011… Mission Accomplished.
As I’m finishing this list, I’m trying to think of what were my accomplishments for 2010. I was delightfully surprised to realize that I had come up with a few…
- I believe that I became a better parent during 2010. I think it was due more to the communication between me and my daughter was much easier since hers had improved greatly, but still, it seemed to be a little easier this past year.
- I joined a church and my daughter was baptized.
- I celebrated at least one “miracle” during 2009.
- I survived a trip and fall.
- I recognized a Moment of Happiness.
So here’s to finding more moments of happiness, living out my mission, making new friends, and growing in my faith and prayer.
I hope that you and yours have a successful New Year. May God bless you richly, keep you safe from all harm, and shower you with love and favor. Pray for me and mine, and I will pray for you and yours.