Posts Tagged ‘Tuesday Memes’
I’ve been taking pictures of lots of birds in my back yard. This is one of the first ones I saw in April. I’ll be sharing lots more bird photos over the next few weeks.
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary, Ruby Tuesday!
Current Mood: Happy
I don’t have a flower garden, but I’m hoping to start a little garden on the back porch for my daughter soon. I’ll have more photos to share then.
This photo I took on Easter Sunday at a friend’s house.
Current Mood: Happy
Ten Things Tuesday – What’s Going on Today
1. I got my grass cut today. I’m very excited about it. I let it get too high, but the guy who was cutting my grass has abandoned me, I think. So, fortunately, a new guy knocked on my door yesterday. He got it all finished today.
2. Now that the grass is cut, I can put up the bird feeder and bird bath that I bought. I want to attract some more of the pretty birds I’ve been seeing. We saw several black birds, two robins, a turtle dove, and a cardinal. I went for my camera when we saw the cardinal and when I came back, it just disappeared.
3. We can put up the swing now. We bought it at Walmart a few weeks ago. My 5 year old is going to love it.
4. It’s past time for me to start working on a little flower garden for my daughter. We had one last year, and she loved watering the plants and talking to them.
5. The wind has been blowing hard all day. We are under a severe high wind warning. Wind gusts were reported up to 53 miles per hour. It was just howling outside my front door. It almost reminded me of tropical/hurricane weather down in Florida.
6. Mama called me the other night and told me that my aunt, who has alzheimer’s, has been under hospice care and they aren’t expecting her to last the week. I haven’t seen my aunt in a very long time, but I have happy memories of visiting her and my uncle when I was younger. He passed away when I was about 10 or 11 years old, I think. I used to love to visit their old country house.
7. A friend emailed me last night and said that one of the older ladies from Mama’s church passed away. The funeral is Thursday, but I don’t think I’m going to go. I want to save my time off for my aunt. I wasn’t very close to her, but I’ve known her almost all my life. I remember she made a quilt for me when I married my first husband, about 28 years ago. I think I still have it. It’s a little ragged, but I keep hanging on to it. I’m glad I did. I’ll have to look for it and take a picture and post it on my blog.
8. We ate hot dogs and chips for supper tonight. Not very satisfying, but my 5 year old gobbled it up. Now I’m hungry again.
9. There are 2 projects I want to tackle this week… clean up the back porch. My daughter has made a huge mess. She emptied the dirt and rocks out of the flower pots and there are toys spread everywhere. The other project is to clean up her room. There is Easter grass everywhere. Those stuffed bunnies and I are going to have a serious talk. I’m afraid of what else I’m going to find.
10. i’m thinking about buying new mattresses for my bed. Well, they aren’t exactly new, only about a year old, but they are new to me. Mama is replacing the mattresses on her bed. She has a high profile bed with high mattresses and she needs to get low profile mattresses because her hip surgery from last year hasn’t healed. So I think I’m going to buy them from her and put my mattresses on the guest bed, and get rid of the cheap mattresses on the guest bed.
Current Mood: Cool